News and information from the world of Interserve

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Jordan: 'An Amman court of Islamic law ruled in favor of Christian widow Siham Qandah today, revoking the legal guardianship of her children’s Muslim uncle, Abdullah al-Muhtadi, and ordering him to repay misspent funds. Al-Muhtadi proved unable to provide the court with documented evidence of his claimed expenditure to buy the children a refrigerator. Accordingly, Judge Zghl removed him from his court-designated guardianship and ordered him to pay back this amount to his wards’ trust fund. The seven-year custody battle may continue, as the former guardian has the right to appeal the judgment within 30 days. “I still can’t believe it!” Qandah told Compass today, laughing and crying. “I am so happy, I am just speechless. I can’t even describe my emotions.”' (Compass Direct)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home